Featured Post

CBS Daytme Renewed

The CBS network announced earlier today that everything daytime is coming back for the 2019-2020 season.

Friday, January 27, 2012

OLTL: The First Weeks Without OLTL Sucked

Last week, I got a search result with the following term “the first day without OLTL sucked". So I named this One Life to Live topic in honor of that. Though I am still composing my opus on the last two episodes, I wanted to write a short blurb.

What hasn't sucked since OLTL's last episode
1. My copy of the One Life to Live cast photo is on its way.
2. While I couldn’t go to Loving Llanview (which kind of sucks) there have been pictures and a bit of video on-line. I hope there are more events (no news on that, though it looks like October bowling is still on surprisingly), and one that is held a weekend during a time of the year that snow is less likely to be in the forecast.
3. The ratings (check out soapoperanetwork.com for ratings) the last episode of OLTL got 3.8 million viewers, and the new show (whose name I will not type) is doing poorly. Actually ABC daytime in the afternoons was poor last week and for some people Monday was a holiday from work (Martin Luther King Day).

Here are the reasons I am still sad in no particular order.

1. Even if some performers will be on General Hospital there is no length for their time, and considering the news that GH is losing its time slot thanks in early September (thanks http://denialisland.blogspot.com/ for that info), who knows.
2. There are no new episodes, duh.
3. The show was still entertaining and went out with its head up high. Some may see this as a positive, but it didn’t feel like it was OLTL’s “time to go” though it went.
4. We had cliffhangers, and scenes that were edited due to being told the last episode was the last episode only after filming was done.
5. No one is telling us what scenes were edited or changed due to it not continuing online. I don’t understand why there is an information embargo.
6. I’m not able to finish my summary of the last episodes, as I am still sad.
7. No more soap daytime soap community in NYC means a lot of people are out of work and are now “civilians”.

No comments: