Featured Post

CBS Daytme Renewed

The CBS network announced earlier today that everything daytime is coming back for the 2019-2020 season.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Random Soap News

Just wanted to make an entry about some recent Soap Opera related news.

1. Per TVGuide.com in most areas SoapNet is ending March 23. I think most of us were expecting it, but still disappointing.

2. Money is being raised on kickstarter to make a soap opera documentary called Soap Life. I’m interested, but I’m hoping someone does an interview with the filmmaker. I’d like to know more, and I know I am not the only one who does.

3. TCA (Television Critics’ Association) is this week. And during the Disney/ABC portion, there were questions asked about General Hospital. Click here to read Entertainment Weekly's coverage. No one is giving answers whether or not it is called in the fall. Please share the news before early April. I doubt most people want GH's 49th anniversary to also serve as its wake.

4. There was a great article about soaps in the New York Post. It talks about what is being lost without a soap community in NYC. While I agree, there are still television shows being filmed in NYC and web soaps, it is not the same.

5. On Twitter, Jim Romanovich said at this time, there are no plans for the Daytime Emmys to be aired on television. Okay reading this made me angry. Last year, it was said we aren’t going to do a tribute to All My Children and One Life to Live yet because they are still eligible for awards next year. Bloody good it does us now if no one can see the tribute, as it won’t be on television. It is sad, that I’m hoping that someone uses a camera phone and makes a bootleg copy of the ceremony so we could see a tribute if there is one.

6. The soap magazines have written that the Daytime Emmys are also changing their rules when it comes to how people are being nominated. Considering how this year is the last with six shows, does it really matter? I know this sounds awful, but really, too little too late on that score.

Those are just some of the non-story related headlines in the land of daytime.

No comments: