Featured Post

CBS Daytme Renewed

The CBS network announced earlier today that everything daytime is coming back for the 2019-2020 season.

Monday, July 31, 2017

Primetime TV Update - July 2017

Here's a quick description of all of the shows I've watched and completed in July 2017. Of course, as always, there is a possibility of spoilers for any prime time show I mention.

I didn't finish as much as I wanted in July, but here is my short list, short for me as it is only five scripted programs and no reality shows.

On BBCAmerica, I completed "Class", the "Doctor Who" spinoff, which aired in the UK in the autumn of 2016. It ended in a cliffhanger, and probably isn't coming back for a lot of reasons. Having it on BBCThree (which is online only) and having the US air in months behind the UK was part of what doomed it.

On Cinemax, I finally got to see the final season of "Banshee", and the only one that filmed in Pennsylvania, where the story takes place primarily. It was bloody and disturbing, as the main plot had to do with a satanic style killings. Of course, we never did learn Lucas's real name, but that doesn't surprise me too much.

On HBO, I viewed the last season of "The Leftovers" and season six of "Game of Thrones". The Leftovers was a difficult binge that I undertook in about 3 days. Very emotional and intense viewing, totally not for everyone as it made you think about the serious life issues. With GOT, I'm finally caught up with the rest of the world, which is a good thing as getting caught with spoilers has gotten even more difficult as the show has run.

On PBS, I finished "My Mother and Other Strangers". It is unknown if it will continue on to a second series, but is about World War II, a small town and how they cope with the infiltration of American soldiers.

So that's what I've watched in July 2017. I have a couple of shows, that I have less than three episodes left to view, so hopefully I can write about them in August. Happy viewing!

No comments: