Featured Post

CBS Daytme Renewed

The CBS network announced earlier today that everything daytime is coming back for the 2019-2020 season.

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

AMC: J.R. Martinez (Brot) on DWTS

The news of the new cast of Dancing with the Stars came out on Monday night. Surprisingly, J.R. Martinez (Brot) from All My Children was part of the cast. While other AMC performers have been on the show, (Susan Lucci, Cameron Mathison, and Aidan Turner), the new season of DWTS begins after AMC ends its run on ABC.

I thought about it further and realized that this was actually a smart move. ABC must realize that some AMC fans are no longer going to be watching much (if anything) on ABC. By casting J.R., people who support AMC may tune in out of loyalty to see him, thereby giving DWTS viewership along with allowing these people to see promotions for other ABC shows. Then again some may see this as a peace offering. Of course, I hope by the time DWTS begins in September we will know more about what is going to befall AMC on Prospect Park. If J.R. is part of the cast, he would be helping to promote the switch to the show on the web.

That said I'm hoping for a good season of DWTS. Since they cast J.R. at least I won't feel "guilty" for continuing to watch Dancing with the Stars. I've watched since season one, episode one and it is the only ABC prime time show I still watch. This show is one of my favorites because it allows us to see performers do something out of the box along with allowing us to catch up with people who have fell out of the public eye. Though I must admit over the years, I've become attached to the pro performers too.

For more information on the new season of DWTS click here to read the list of pro partners. J.R. is going to be paired with Karina Smirnoff.

No comments: