Featured Post

CBS Daytme Renewed

The CBS network announced earlier today that everything daytime is coming back for the 2019-2020 season.

Friday, August 5, 2011

AMC: Greenlee Sees Leo

This week on All My Children Greenlee Smythe (Rebecca Budig) saw her lost love Leo du Pres (Josh Duhamel). Unfortunately it seemed to be only a dream or a hallucination instead of reality.

Seeing old flashbacks of Greenlee and Leo gave me chills and perhaps I swooned. I didn’t want to go back to work, as I only could see the first half and I didn’t want the episode to end. I can’t recall the last time I watched something during a commercial and thought, “please sir can I have some more.” Of course, since the head writer and executive producer are female that really doesn’t make sense, but I digress.

The amount of superlatives I could give about this happening is kind of ridiculous as it made me giddy. When someone says the name Greenlee to me, my first thought is “I miss her with Leo.” So just having the two of them in scenes together was great. And it wasn’t just one two-minute scene, but actual material they could sink their teeth into during the episode.

Basically the scenes were simple and showed that while Greenlee is with Ryan now a part of her belongs with Leo forever. The way it was handled didn’t offend me, as “dream” Leo did not act as if he wasn’t significant. They even shared a kiss. Old scenes of them in romantic settings were shown (like in a bathtub and in a carriage). While nostalgic it wasn't just that, as it reminded everyone of the person Greenlee once was.

Thank you All My Children for giving those of us who enjoyed Greenlee and Leo a chance to enjoy them once more. This is a last hurrah I never expected or dreamed would ever happen. While I am not happy about AMC ending its run on ABC, I appreciate the gifts we are getting along the way.

No comments: