Featured Post

CBS Daytme Renewed

The CBS network announced earlier today that everything daytime is coming back for the 2019-2020 season.

Saturday, December 31, 2016

Primetime TV Update - December 2016

Here's a quick description of all of the shows I've watched and completed in December 2016. Of course, as always, there is a possibility of spoilers for any prime time show I mention.


This December, I didn't get much viewing done as two weekends were busy with holiday activities.

On AMC, I finally finished after a weekend binge the show "Halt and Catch Fire". This was the program's third season. The story followed the characters into the later 80s and then had a time jump into the beginning of the internet. Relationships got stronger than broke apart, and I don't want to spoil everything so that's all I'll say.

On BBCAmerica, I watched the miniseries "Undercover", which was a co-production with the UK. The show was decent, but not amazing. BBCA ran it for two nights, with three episodes each night. This made for an easy binge though I viewed it once all episodes were available on demand. I think the juxtaposition about the death penalty was interesting and a bit unexpected for a show from the UK.

On NBC, the fall finale of "Timeless" aired. I'm in for the full season, but we'll see if it continues beyond one. This being sci-fi on NBC, the chance it will only go for a year wouldn't be a shock. The show is about a group of time travelers who are doing it for various reasons and are from different backgrounds. Unlike some time travel shows, where they go in the past influences their present.  

On Fox, I watched the first season of "Pitch". This was something I picked up due to positive comments on twitter. The story was a fantasy taking place in present day about the first female major league baseball player. Ginny played for the San Diego Padres, and had to deal with everything one would have to deal with being the first in a male sport. If someone likes baseball or shipping they may want to check it out due to it only being 10 episodes it isn't much of a time commitment.

With reality shows, I completed two on regular network tv, and two on FoodNetwork and one on Lifetime. CBS's "Survivor" and NBC's "The Voice" ended their fall seasons. Both didn't have surprising winners. Survivor had a everyone voted for the champ winner this year. On FoodNetwork, I binged the first season of the "The Worst Cooks in America" and the first season of "The Worst Bakers in America". The show hasn't evolved much since the beginning except perhaps the on screen graphics have changed and the contestants know more of what to expect. The latest season of "Project Runway" also ended with someone who did extremely well in early challenges taking it all. That tends to happen on PR more than other shows, which is an interesting factoid to me.

So that's what I've watched and finished during December 2016. Happy Viewing!

No comments: