Featured Post

CBS Daytme Renewed

The CBS network announced earlier today that everything daytime is coming back for the 2019-2020 season.

Thursday, December 31, 2015

Primetime TV Update - December 2015

Here's a quick description of all of the shows I've watched and completed in December 2015. Of course, as always, there is a possibility of spoilers for any primetime show I mention.

The month of December had the completion of Fall series, some of which will be back later in the year. I will list those along with everything that has been completed. That is the majority of what I watched this month.

On ABC, the only thing I watched and completed that was scripted as "Nashville", which ended the first half of its run in early December and scheduled to return in March. The other ABC shows I watch I'm either behind with or only will air in the Spring. 

On BBCAmerica, I viewed "Doctor Who" and "Luther". While I enjoy DW, there are certain things I wish were different. I could write a whole long entry about that. Suffice to say, while I liked that there were more two-part stories I wasn't a fan of having two in a row. Also due to the style of the finale being a three-part plot, I binge watched it all together. (That's one thing that BBCA does that I like airing the prior week's episodes so you can see the flow of an entire story.) The Christmas story this year wasn't very holiday-like, but compared to last year I understand that change. Luther was enjoyable even if it was just one, two part episode that was aired over one evening with a lot of advertising - 2 hours and 45 minute time slot for two episodes that clocked in under 2 hours in total, really BBCA. (Granted they had a few special segments, but still way too many commercials.) I missed Alice and Justin being "real" in the story even if they were shown, as to me they were part of what makes Luther an interesting show even if Idris Elba is a wonderful actor. 

On the CW, I completed the following show's runs for 2015. They are all scheduled to be back in 2016. I did binge watches of "Crazy Ex-Girlfriend" and "Jane the Virgin" after they finished airing on television on the CW website. Both shows don't "fit" the network, but I rather enjoy them. Of regular shows on the CW, I watched "Arrow", "The Flash" and "iZombie" usually week to week except I would watch Arrow and The Flash two-part episodes together in one sitting.

On SyFy, I watched the miniseries "Childhood's End" which aired for six hours over three nights. The show was based on a famous story, by Arthur C. Clarke, and was expanded to fit the timing. It was nice to see actual science fiction on Syfy and due to it being a bit of a "light" month, I had the time to view it.

I binged watched two series in their second season: TNT's "The Librarians" and WGN's "Manhattan". Early on in the season, I watched week to week, but lost track and viewed finished both in two days. Each show had ten episodes each, and are wildly different in tone. We have a fluffy show, which involves mythical creatures and another which is a fictionalized version of the creation of the atomic bomb. It kind of amuses me how I enjoy such diverse things.

When it comes to reality shows, I watched "The Great Holiday Baking Show", which was not nearly as good as the BBC show on ABC even if they were smart enough to have Mary Berry on it. With continuing reality shows, I watched the latest seasons of CBS's "The Amazing Race" and "Survivor", Lifetime's "Project Runway" and NBC's "The Voice". 

So that's what I've watched and finished during December 2015. Happy Viewing!

No comments: