Featured Post

CBS Daytme Renewed

The CBS network announced earlier today that everything daytime is coming back for the 2019-2020 season.

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Soap Opera Music

I got a request earlier this week after blogging about the B&B anniversary episode about John McCook's (Eric) singing. The actor had a European music release in the 1990s. If anyone is interested in a track listing visit: http://www.discogs.com/John-McCook-Sings-Bold-And-Beautiful-Lovesongs/release/1063687 I had read about this CD in the 90s in a soap publication, but since it was done for Finland, I've never heard it myself. For more little bit more about soap opera music click read more.

The best fan music site I've found with lists of recordings of soap opera performers unfortunately is in German, and the links no longer fully work. Many years ago, this site was amazing, but it was not kept up, though it is a great resource in certain cases. It is for the soap opera Santa Barbara, (called California Clan in Germany), but also includes foreign releases of soap opera music along with American ones. Here is a link to that site. This particular page has photos of covers for releases by current and former cast members: Bobbie Eakes (who played Macy), Ronn Moss (Ridge) and Jack Wagner (who recently stopped portraying Nick). Their main page http://www.californiaclan.de/ has links to a wordpress blog and a wiki that are still being updated. If someone can decipher German and is interested in Santa Barbara they could spend hours discovering and remembering the program.

Some of the CDs mentioned I'd love to get, but I doubt they are even available. I do have the wedding music CD as it was sold back in the 90s at Borders. I paid way too much for it, but the shock of seeing a soap opera CD clouded my judgment, though I don't regret it.

Amazon.com does have some music from soap operas available for purchase, and it can be a good source, but a lot of actors seem to self-publish or were done for international markets making it harder to track. If I come across any interesting sites that cover soap music, I'll gladly link them on my blog.

No comments: