Featured Post

CBS Daytme Renewed

The CBS network announced earlier today that everything daytime is coming back for the 2019-2020 season.

Friday, October 14, 2011

ATWT: On DVD Hurrah!

Yesterday we had awesome soap opera news. Classic episodes of As the World Turns will be available on DVD. The twenty-episode set (4 disks with 5 episodes each) can be purchased at www.soapclassics.com and I’ve already ordered my copy.

According to welovesoaps.net who had some involvement in the creation of these disks, if these sell well, we will get more of other P&G soaps, the next one would be for Guiding Light. The earliest episode they have on the ATWT disk set is from 1979. They have assorted weddings, anniversary episodes, something called secrets and scandals and another called villains and vixens.

While many of these episodes are available if you look hard enough online, having a digital copy will be great. Some of these episodes I’ve seen, but not all of them. Even if I had them all on VHS, I’d pay the money to support the venture if it was within reason. The pricing of $19.95 plus shipping and tax falls within my range of reasonable prices.

Hearing this news makes me glad, as that’s what I have wanted for years. The ability to watch old episodes with a clear picture, and while it isn’t full season sets, it is something. I doubt we will ever get the treatment that Dark Shadows fans have gotten with all the episodes released in order. Over 20 years of material makes that proposition nearly impossible even with today’s technology.

Looking forward to watching these old albeit in some cases new episodes, and will write about them when the disks arrive. Hopefully these disks will provide some comfort and fun for those who miss As the World Turns.

No comments: