Featured Post

CBS Daytme Renewed

The CBS network announced earlier today that everything daytime is coming back for the 2019-2020 season.

Friday, September 29, 2017

Primetime TV Update - September 2017

Here's a quick description of all of the shows I've watched and completed in September 2017. Of course, as always, there is a possibility of spoilers for any prime time show I mention.

September was full of reality shows, and a few other series.

On The CW, I watched "Hooten and the Lady", which was a British show (aired on Sky) about an adventurer and an employee at the British museum respectively. It was surprising this was a Summer show on the CW, and ended on a cliffhanger. Very uncertain if it will come back, and very fluffy.

On Starz, I viewed the fourth season of "Power" and the original miniseries from the 1970s "Rich Man, Poor Man". Power had more death, more action, and Ghost got out of his crimes again. Rich Man Poor Man was interesting, as it was the first miniseries that started the trend.

On Sundance, I viewed "Cleverman" and "Top of the Lake China Girl". Both took place in Australia and were in their second series but had very different themes. Cleverman continued the story of subhumans, who were actually more powerful, but were attacked for not being fully human. China Girl was about sex work, though it continued the plot of the first series, as the daughter of the main character in the first series was now old enough to be in that world. In Australia, that is not illegal.

In the reality category, I completed NBC's "World of Dance", Fox's "So You Think You Can Dance" and "Masterchef", and CBS's "Big Brother". Obviously that's what I spent my month wrapping up, but sometimes I just need to watch unscripted fare.

So that's what I've watched in September 2017. Happy viewing!

No comments: