Featured Post

CBS Daytme Renewed

The CBS network announced earlier today that everything daytime is coming back for the 2019-2020 season.

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Primetime TV Update - February 2017

Here's a quick description of all of the shows I've watched and completed in February 2017. Of course, as always, there is a possibility of spoilers for any prime time show I mention.

Since this was a short month, I didn't complete very much and due to Mary Tyler Moore's death part of two weekends were spent watching episodes of her self-titled show, which obviously isn't something that I can count as a completed program. Hopefully March will have more shows viewed.

On ABC, I finished two things: the first half of the first season of "Designated Survivor" and "Conviction". Designated Survivor is coming back in March, so I'm caught up which is a very good thing. It started off slowly, but as the story went on became more interesting. I know that must sound strange it starting off slowly when the premise is that the Capitol building is bombed and the majority of the legislative and executive branch is lost in the process, but it took time to learn the characters and the relationships. Conviction ended its short first season in January, and it is uncertain that it will return. I liked it, but think that perhaps the topic about finding procedural errors in criminal court was a bit too specialized. It ended with a relationship cliffhanger, but since every crime has to be investigated within 5 days there was no carryover in that department.

On Freeform, I finished "Beyond", which while it hasn't aired all of its 10 episodes on television, they are all available on demand. This is a program about the afterlife as the main character and his love interest among others were comatose and walked within that world. The younger cast members weren't familiar to me, which was good as it helped me suspend disbelief a little bit easier than usual.

On NBC, I finished "Timeless", which aired the end of its first season in February. The show ended with a resolution of sorts, but more story needs to be told. I hope we get news soon whether or not there will be more episodes in the next television season.

In the non-scripted category, I watched two shows: the second season of "Project Runway Jr" on Lifetime and "The Wall" on NBC. PR Jr is pretty much the same show as the original version except with younger contestants and a different judging panel. The main prize includes a scholarship, which I also find appropriate. I actually enjoyed this most recent season more than some of the regular and all-star editions. The Wall is a game show that is sort of a mixture of Plinko on "The Price is Right", a trivia game show like "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire" as you are playing against the wall instead of other contestants.

So that's what I've watched and finished during February 2017. Happy Viewing!

No comments: