Featured Post

CBS Daytme Renewed

The CBS network announced earlier today that everything daytime is coming back for the 2019-2020 season.

Friday, September 30, 2016

Primetime TV Update - September 2016

Here's a quick description of all of the shows I've watched and completed in September 2016. Of course, as always, there is a possibility of spoilers for any prime time show I mention.

This September was all about finishing up competitive reality shows. I don't know how on earth this happened, but it did. I only completed two scripted series and I'm still battling an annoying cough.

On Comedy Central, I watched the second season of "Another Period". I have no idea why I'm into this show as it is twisted and downright odd. Let's make fun of early 20th century figures, reality shows, vapid people, and religion. Not exactly the kind of thing you'd want to watched in mixed company or with those who are easily offended.

On OWN, I finished "Greenleaf". This at parts was difficult to watch due to the religious and abuse issues. It was well done, but not something to view on a lazy afternoon, when you want to zone. This is coming for a second season next year.


The end of Summer means the end of certain reality shows. "Big Brother"'s latest CBS season ended and the first time ever a woman beat a man in the final two. I don't get why and how the returning players did as well as they did, which was a big mistake by the newcomers. So You Think You Can Dance: The Next Generation ended on Fox. There is no news how/if the show is coming back in the future. The title denotes how it was with kids and all-stars instead of the regular 18+ contestants. Of course, all it made me think about was Star Trek or Degrassi.

On Food Network, I completed Guy's Superstar Grocery Games, which was a variation of the regular Grocery Games show except with judges from cooking shows. This ran for five weeks, and started with eight chefs. The winner got 40,000 instead of the typical 20,000 maximum. I also viewed the Next Food Network Star Kids. Instead of adults competing for a show, kids were battling for a job on the station. A lot of it was about the kids learning how how to do things like livestream and along with cooking. I liked it for what it was.

For point of reference, last month I wrote about "The $100,000 Pyramid", but due to a scheduling issue the season actually ended in September instead of August. Sorry about that confusion.

So that's what I've watched and finished during September 2016. Happy Viewing!

No comments: