Featured Post

CBS Daytme Renewed

The CBS network announced earlier today that everything daytime is coming back for the 2019-2020 season.

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Primetime TV Update - August 2016

Here's a quick description of all of the shows I've watched and completed in July 2016. Of course, as always, there is a possibility of spoilers for any prime time show I mention.

Like July, this month was rather light though August had two weeks worth of the "Summer Olympics", taking up my time. I'd rather not bore anyone, but suffice to say I spent the majority of screen time watching sports. I sampled some shows, though I doubt I'll finish them, so I'm not going to write about them now.

On ABC, I watched all of the "$100,000 Pyramid". I didn't get through all the "Celebrity Family Feud" or "Match Game" episodes. This version of the Pyramid was faithful to the original, but unfortunately not all the celebrities brought in to play the game were that talented. Hopefully when it returns next year, they'll have a better gauge of who is and will be successful with contestants. 

On AMC, I watched "Preacher" based on a comic book series, I've never read. I can't say how it compares to the source material, but I enjoyed it. That said it is violent and touches on religion in a way many may find sacrilegious. The end of the series seemed like the future story will take place in a new locale.

On Lifetime, I watched "UnReal", which I still enjoy, but the first season was stronger than the 2016 installment. At least, it was finally revealed where Rachel's problems began. The suitor actually found love, which was a different change, and a lot of sex was to be had. It was funny seeing Kim Matula (aka Hope from "The Bold and the Beautiful" playing a character that was sexually uninhibited.)

On Sundance, I watched "The A Word", which was from the BBC. This was about a family dealing with an autistic five year old boy. It was only five episodes long, and told a full story, but will be coming back in the future.

So that's what I've watched and finished during August 2016. Happy Viewing!

No comments: