Featured Post

CBS Daytme Renewed

The CBS network announced earlier today that everything daytime is coming back for the 2019-2020 season.

Friday, October 3, 2014

Dallas on TNT Cancelled Plus Thoughts on end of Season Three

Dallas Logo
Dallas on TNT was cancelled today.
Tonight, we got the news that Dallas on TNT was cancelled at the end of day. To read the exact wording you can visit TVLine's story here.

The reboot/continuation aired 40 episodes in three seasons: 10 in season one and 15 in seasons 2 and three. What I believe hurt the third season was how it was split in two parts. Even if the ratings didn't significantly change, it felt like the discussions online ended up being slightly muted due to the break. Of course, I feel most sorry for everyone who worked on the show in front of and behind the scenes especially since the show was filmed on location in Texas. I wish those people well in their future.

Before the cancellation was announced I had prepared to write a story on the end of season three. Here are my highlights and of course if you haven't seen the full season: there are spoilers.


  1.  Elena is pregnant due to the hole in the diaphragm. I feel sorry for her, and hope even if we never find out for sure that Christopher is the Daddy as Bobby needs a grandchild especially since Pamela miscarried the twins. I also thought it was funny how she shot Nicolas aka Joaquin. I hope that John Ross isn't the Daddy though... 
  2. Christopher's death was a shock, but seriously if they killed Bobby or Sue Ellen, I'd have lost it on the people in charge. That being said I feel like there needed to be one "normal" Ewing family member and Christopher filled that role.
  3. Pamela keeping Cliff in prison for killing JR even though he wasn't guilty was very cold-blooded. I can understand from a story point of view why this was done, but it made the character seem extremely dark.
  4. I felt sorry for Emma after she was raped, but that shouldn't make her into a good person. We'll never see if she would have changed. I did like how she reacted to Drew's death.
  5. Thankfully Drew's suicide that wasn't a suicide was revealed in season three. That would have been an awful cliffhanger. 
  6. Since we're not getting anymore Dallas, we won't see John Ross sleep with the rest of the female cast. I don't know why, but I'd have been amused if he was intimate with Judith or Ann. Imagine how Emma would have reacted to her former lover sleeping with either her mother or her grandmother on her father's side.
  7. I guess we'll never see Harris and Sue Ellen hook up either, as they started to get along. That was one possibility that I was looking forward to since Sue Ellen said she was ready to move on after JR's death.
  8. I appreciated the scenes with Sue Ellen in regards to JR lying again. Bum knew about JR's illness, but not Sue Ellen. That hurt in a lot of ways. 
  9. Bobby started turning a darker corner, and seeing the "good son" have to be bad for the sake of the family was interesting. 
  10. I wasn't into the whole cartel idea, as no show is going to come close to the drug story of Breaking Bad. I'm glad that the "bad" characters other than Joaquin were killed in jail. 
  11. We'll never know who John Ross's missing sibling was. That was too bad.
  12. Seeing Melinda Clarke in a small role was fun, but I expected her to turn evil as the last time I saw her in a nice role was over 20 years ago on Days of Our Lives. I wanted her to seduce Bobby away from Ann, and Ann flipping back to her ex-husband Harris, but Sue Ellen was already there. 
So those are my highlights of the second half of season three of Dallas on TNT. I wish I had more to write, but I enjoyed the ride.

No comments: