Featured Post

CBS Daytme Renewed

The CBS network announced earlier today that everything daytime is coming back for the 2019-2020 season.

Thursday, April 27, 2017

Primetime TV Update - April 2017

Here's a quick description of all of the shows I've watched and completed in April 2017. Of course, as always, there is a possibility of spoilers for any prime time show I mention.

This month I only finished six shows, and since it was Watchathon was in April, two were on Showtime and two on Starz. I didn't complete anything on a "network station" this month either.

On Showtime, I watched the latest season of "Homeland" and the last season of "Masters of Sex". This year, Homeland was stateside and took place mainly on the east coast. Again sacrifices were made, and not everyone survived, at least they didn't forget Carrie's kid. It was renewed for another two seasons. Masters of Sex ended with the wedding of Masters and Johnson, after they introduced in passing the woman the real Bill Masters said was the love of his life. We also saw Woodstock thanks to Libby, and an open marriage courtesy of their new work partners. The same sex story had a sad end, which may keep people from watching for the obvious reason.

On Starz, I watched the last season of "Black Sails" and the second series of "The Missing", which was co-produced by the BBC. Due to Black Sails being about pirates major characters did pass away, in disturbing ways. I do think it is good they wrapped it up where they did. The Missing told a story in eight episodes, with only one major character returning from the first series. This season had sections outside of Europe, and many subtitles. Unlike the first this was about multiple victims and had rape themes, making it difficult to watch.

On Sundance, they've been putting episodes of "The Bob Newhart Show" from the 70s on demand. They put seven up at a time, and I was able to view the first season. This is a show I've known about for years, but had no exposure to, which made it interesting. There were moments of lunacy, which made me laugh especially due to its subtle (for a sitcom) tone.

On TLC, I finished the only reality show I watched this month "Who Do You Think You Are". I tend to enjoy this, and was glad to see it return for its 8th season. Thankfully most celebrities have some sort of interesting family lore, or else the show would be dull.

So that's what I've watched and finished during April 2017. Happy Viewing!

No comments: