Featured Post

CBS Daytme Renewed

The CBS network announced earlier today that everything daytime is coming back for the 2019-2020 season.

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Primetime TV Update - March 2016

Here's a quick description of all of the shows I've watched and completed in March 2016. Of course, as always, there is a possibility of spoilers for any prime time show I mention.

On ABC, I finished "The Muppets" and "Agent Carter", which all ended their seasons at the beginning of the month. At this point, we don't know if they will return. The Muppets improved since the autumn, but it may sadly have been too little too late. With Agent Carter, the move to LA was okay, but I missed the east coast flavor. 

On BBCAmerica, I watched both seasons of "Prey" and the last series of "The Thick of It". Prey ran on ITV in the UK and was two, three-episode stories. The first starred John Simm, and the second Philip Glenister. The main thing the two plots had in common was the creator Chris Lunt, and the character of Susan played by Rosie Cavaliero, who was part of the team looking for the prey. In both cases, the men were innocent, and impelled to run. Usually plots like this are in the movies, and not on television. The Thick of It aired on the BBC for years, and the final series was from 2012. It was something that had been backlogged since last Summer. BBCA showed it late at night, so they didn't have to edit the language. Since Peter Capaldi, who is the 12th Doctor on "Doctor Who" was one of the stars, they aired this two weekends prior to the return of DW last year. Even though I hadn't seen the earlier series, it was easily understandable. The main plot was about the insane inner-workings of the government.

On Lifetime, I watched "And then there were none", which was another BBC production. This was shown over two nights and had a lot of familiar faces if you watch British TV. It was a retelling of the Agatha Christie story, so if you've read the book you know what happened.

On NBC via Hulu, I binged the first season of "The Carmichael Show". I was rather amused by it, and will watch the new episodes when I have time. The first run was last Summer and was six episodes.

On USA, I finally viewed the end of the show "Satisfaction", which was cancelled after two seasons. It had been a summer show, but moved to fall, which hurt them. I didn't have time to view it when it aired as I had too many other things to enjoy. The story was resolved, but not, so we just have to imagine what may have happened. 

On DVD, I watched the old USA show La Femme Nikita. It was a Canadian show that aired for five seasons starting in 1997. I'll write more about it as I go on, so far I've only watched season one.
 
This month I didn't watch any reality shows that ended, so nothing to report of that nature. One thing I'm not writing about yet is "Downton Abbey".  I started watching it this month and am trying to get through the whole series before Summer.

So that's what I've watched and finished during March 2016. Happy Viewing!

No comments: