Featured Post

CBS Daytme Renewed

The CBS network announced earlier today that everything daytime is coming back for the 2019-2020 season.

Monday, November 30, 2015

Primetime TV Update - November 2015


Here's a quick description of all of the shows I've watched and completed in November 2015. Of course, as always, there is a possibility of spoilers for any primetime show I mention.

The month of November was a mixture of shows with a bit of binge watching for good measure.

On MTV, I completed the latest runs of "Awkward" (season 5A) and "Faking It". Awkward is only scheduled for another half season and then it is supposed to end. This run saw the group graduate from high school. There was a time jump, so we'll see what happens. Faking It dealt with the possibility of the school closing down, but it didn't and Amy and Karma's complicated friendship. 

On PBS, I watched the three-part show "The Guilty", which is yet another show about a dead child. (I guess this is popular in the UK as so many shows from over there that are imported have that kind of plot or it may be just what I find to watch.) "Home Fires" and "Indian Summers" were both period pieces. Home Fires was about life right before WWII in England and the men going off to war, the series ended with an air raid. Indian Summers told the story of what it was like to be living in India before Great Britain ceded control. Both shows seem to be continuing in the future, though PBS did not give an exact time either will return. 

I watched three reality shows that wrapped up their seasons: Food Network's "Halloween Baking Championship" and the PBS airing of "The Great British Baking Show", which was on in the UK as "The Great British Bake Off" in 2013, and "Dancing with the Stars" on ABC. The food shows were what is expected and at times I wished I could sample the desserts. DWTS was a bit predictable with the winner this season, and I'm glad Len will be back in the Spring.

During the Thanksgiving holiday weekend, Xfinity gave a free preview of premium channels, so I got some binge watching done.  From Showtime, I viewed the 12-episode third season of "Masters of Sex". There was a rather large time jump from the end of season two to three, and as always I wonder how much of the story is true. From Starz, I viewed three series: "Flesh and Bone" (a one and done series with eight episodes), "Outlander" (second half of the first season), and "Power" (season two and ten episodes). Flesh and Bone is about a ballet dancer named Claire who ends up at the fictional American Ballet Company in New York City. Filmed on location in NYC, it used the city well. Outlander continued with the story told in the first half that aired in 2014. Power ended with a cliffhanger, and I wonder if the story of James, Tommy, Angela and Tasha will be wrapped up in its third season scheduled for 2016. 

So that's what I've watched and finished during November 2015. Happy Viewing!

No comments: