Featured Post

CBS Daytme Renewed

The CBS network announced earlier today that everything daytime is coming back for the 2019-2020 season.

Monday, November 3, 2014

Primetime TV Update - November 2014

Here's another post listing shows I've caught or caught up with recently in binge format or viewed over the summer. This includes show spoilers for some series, but since I'm years behind it shouldn't matter.

Dancing on the Edge - This aired on Starz originally, but I was able to watch it on Encore on demand. The miniseries about a jazz band in England between WWI and WWII focused upon what happened when its lead singer was murdered. It covered race relations of that era including interracial romance.

Manhattan - WGN's second original series about life in New Mexico on the hill for people involved in the Manhattan project. It started slowly, but by the end I wanted more episodes, so I'm thrilled there will be a second season.

The Musketeers - BBCAmerica aired this program about the French soldiers. Of course, I find any show odd that includes British actors playing non-British characters speaking with English accents. This may just be me, I found the show okay, so I'm not sure if I'm in for a second series.

Power - This also is a Starz program that was rebroadcast via Encore on demand. The show made in New York City is about drug dealers, night clubs and those who want to bring down the criminals. The main female character is a fed, whose lost love is a major player, and neither know the truth of their actual professions.

Satisfaction - A Summer show on the USA network that was renewed for a second season. A seemingly happy married couple cheat on each other, her with a male prostitute, and him as a male prostitute after stealing the telephone of her paid lover. Instead of being about people being satisfied with their lives, we see quite the opposite. There is also a subplot about their teenage daughter.

The Thorne Mysteries - From 2010 on Sky in the UK, but it aired on Encore in 2012, this six-part (2 3-episode stories) starred David Morrissey as the title character. They followed the plots of two novels by Mark Billingham, and was a bit stronger than the average British mystery shown on PBS in both language and tone.

I figure this will be my last list for a bit of recently watched shows as 2014's Fall series have begun.

No comments: