Featured Post

CBS Daytme Renewed

The CBS network announced earlier today that everything daytime is coming back for the 2019-2020 season.

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

GH: Steve Burton (Jason) Out

On Tuesday, August 28, 2012, an interview with Steve Burton (Jason on General Hospital) was released by TVGuide.com explaining his intentions to leave the program later this year. His last scheduled taping date, which may change is September 25.

This is a huge sea change for GH as Jason has been one of the leading characters for many years. Steve started appearing on GH 21 years ago, though between 2000-2002 he was technically off the show. Many fans barely know a program without Jason, so I get their pain. I don't automatically believe anyone who is upset about this is automatically not a GH fan. As if someone watched for 15 years, and Jason was the last of their favorite characters left on canvas, they have a right to be disappointed. For those viewers who are leaving once Steve's last episode airs, I hope they enjoyed their times watching GH and think back on the show fondly. For the rest of us, well I wonder who will get his story slot.

While I wish Steve good luck in his move to Tennessee and in future projects, I hope they give Jason some resolution before he stops taping. I want Jason to find out that he's the father of Sam's baby. Whether or not Sam finds out right away in another story, I'd feel cheated if Jason left and/or died without knowing he had a son.

No comments: