Featured Post

CBS Daytme Renewed

The CBS network announced earlier today that everything daytime is coming back for the 2019-2020 season.

Friday, November 30, 2018

Primetime TV Update: November 2018

Below is my list of what I finished in November 2018.

This month I finished five shows in binge watching style.

From FreeForm, I finished the second and last season of "Famous in Love", and the first season of "The Bold Type". Famous in Love ended with a bit of a huge cliffhanger as someone's life was in the balance, but otherwise everything else was wrapped up cleanly. The Bold Type is coming back for a third season, and I haven't seen season two yet, I do think I will continue with that show when I have time.

On HBO, I watched "Barry" from the Spring, and "Sharp Objects". Barry is a dark comedy about a contract killer, who got into this line of work after returning to the US after serving in the Marines. He decides that he doesn't want to be a criminal anymore, and become an actor. This was better than I expected, but not for everyone based on the subject matter. I've read the book Sharp Objects, so it was interesting to see a miniseries version of the show. It did a good job being faithful to the book, except for the timing. The last few minutes of the program, where a lot more of a focus in that story, so it felt like they did about 80% of the book.

On Sundance, I watched "Deutschland 86" as it finally aired in the US. This show in German aired in a lot of other parts of the world already and Canada. I enjoyed it, but Sundance aired it in such a way that they suggested to DVR it instead of watching it live.

In reality shows, I finished "Dancing with the Stars", which had a huge surprise with who won the contest. It is unknown when the next season of the main series will return in 2019.

Happy viewing!

No comments: