Featured Post

CBS Daytme Renewed

The CBS network announced earlier today that everything daytime is coming back for the 2019-2020 season.

Monday, November 12, 2018

GH: The Best of Sonny and Carly Collection

The official ABC.com website has posted a new "The General Hospital Collection". This time it is about Sonny and Carly. Below are my thoughts.

This set is 20 episodes, which were posted on November 11, 2018, and will probably be up for about three months again. (The first of the episodes was listed as already expired on the first day, so hopefully that was just a glitch.) It is too bad the episode summaries are just one line, so it is harder to know what else was going on a particular day.

The episode span is from November 1999 through March 2018. The breakdown is four with Sarah Joy Brown as Carly, five with Tamara Braun as Carly, and eleven with Laura Wright as Carly. That means the majority of the episodes are within the last 13 years, even if they tout a "tumultuous twenty-year relationship", with the first being from 19 years ago that isn't quite accurate, ha.

I'm a bit surprised it took this long for ABC.com to add another collection. I'm not surprised on the subject matter due to Maurice Benard hitting 25 years since his original start on GH. Focusing it on his relationship with Carly, was the most logical choice, as they would have never done a Sonny/Jason focused set even if that is in my opinion is most long-lasting and powerful relationship.

I hope the episodes are representative and people enjoy them. I can say that my favorite relationship with Sonny isn't Carly, and of three actresses whose episodes with Sonny are part of the collection, I prefer Sonny with Tamara's Carly. (For the record, I preferred Sarah's Carly causing problems for Bobbie or Robin, and being focused on things outside of the mob life. I preferred Laura's Carly with Jax though that isn't going to happen, so I can deal with Carly and Sonny - they just aren't my favorite version.)

No comments: