Featured Post

CBS Daytme Renewed

The CBS network announced earlier today that everything daytime is coming back for the 2019-2020 season.

Thursday, May 31, 2018

Primetime TV Update: May 2018

Since we're at the end of a month, I'm posting what primetime shows I finished, as usual there will be spoilers. In May 2018, I finished a lot of shows.

On ABC, I completed the canceled "Designated Survivor", which I enjoyed, but was not a consistent show in theme or content.

On the CW, I finished "Dynasty", which is coming back, and if one doesn't think of the original is enjoyable. (Considering I have zero memories of the original, this is not difficult.) My favorite character is Fallon, because well she's awfully good or is she ungodly awful.

On FX, I finished "The Americans", as the show ended. I watched it from day one, nearly watching every episode "live" which is rare. I'll miss it, and when the closing credits rolled, I was left with questions and wanting to see more. That's always a great sign.

On NBC, I finished "Good Girls" season one and "Timeless" season two. We are still waiting to hear the fate of Timeless, while Good Girls is returning. Good Girls is about women who become criminals to support their kids, and the program is less twisted than I expected. With Timeless, the second season was stronger than the first.

On Lifetime, I watched the third season of "UnReal". It was stronger than the second, but if it doesn't come back I would understand. I do wish that they would go into parodying another kind of reality show, as they pretty much hit upon all the dating show tropes.

With reality shows, I completed three: Genius Jr. (which is more of a game show, seriously), as it is kids answering questions and showing their intelligence if not their ability to recall facts. Dancing with the Stars: Athletes, which was way too short, (they gave the finale one, one hour episode, and only online voting counted for the freestyle, which was beyond frustrating). Masterchef Jr. was fun, and seeing kids do so well is inspiring.

So that's my list of what I finished in May 2018, Happy watching!

No comments: