Featured Post

CBS Daytme Renewed

The CBS network announced earlier today that everything daytime is coming back for the 2019-2020 season.

Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Y&R: What I Miss & What I Wish - November 2016

This installment of what I miss and what I wish is for "The Young and the Restless". The last one of these I did about the show was June of 2015, which was revised from May of 2014.

Due to the regime change, this is subject to change, and I may return with another one of these before another year.

What I missed then: New couples that are compelling because they aren't rushed. This is still the case for certain couples: see Stitch and Abby, but at least relationships are happening more on screen than off except for Abby and Austin's doomed affair. Sharon and Dylan's relationship developed in a way I like though I feel Nick has been way too hard on Sharon. Also how Gabe and Chelsea began seeing each other was decent.

Since then: There haven't really been any new couples. Travis and Victoria, Billy and Phyllis, perhaps, but for the most part it has been couples reuniting or staying together. Chelsea lost Adam again, and Nick went from having Sage to her dying.

What I missed then: Victor paying for his mistakes.This may actually happen finally. For now Nikki has left Victor again. Victor also has Marco (the Jack impostor) who looks to be double-crossing The Great Victor Newman. While I find it absolutely disturbing that this man is "married" to Phyllis and raping her, I appreciate that someone may be evil enough to attempt to destroy Victor.

Since then: Victor actually went to prison, but got out early. Certain characters still haven't forgotten his behavior, which was a good thing.

What I missed then: Humorous situations that arise with characters just interacting. Still do, but that's normal.

Since then: With Chloe back on canvas, they are doing that a little bit with that character. Again this is one of my regular things I want to see.

What I missed then: Scandalous relationships, in the last year Stitch hooked up with Ashley in the shower, which was actually a scandal. Nikki and Neil's friendship could have been a scandal, but they just remained pals, but it was still fun.

Since then: Billy and Phyllis were scandalous. Stitch and Abby are over, and he hasn't moved back to Ashley, so who knows. 

What I wished then: I wrote about Neil, Hillary and Devon, and I commented how the thing I wanted most was Devon to get a story. I didn't need Hillary and Devon to be romantically involved, and wasn't happy with how the plot was written. Now due to how the characters are being ignored, I'm even more frustrated.

Since then: We had Hillary lose her memory, want Neil again until she went back to Devon. Eventually everyone heard what Neil did, and the Winters fought. Now there is "peace", and Hillary and Devon have a story that isn't about the triangle. Thank goodness.

What I wish and miss today: For everyone in Genoa City to interact. For characters not to disappear for weeks without a story. Where is everyone in town that isn't an Abbott, Newman, works for the company or tied into the murder mystery? We're finally seeing a little bit of Lauren, Michael, Lily and Cane, but I can't really abide by the story. Bad illness stories are beyond frustrating, if you tell a plot about a marriage falling apart due to disease don't make it because the ill character pushes their spouse to another person. There has to be a better way, and I'm still waiting for a soap to do this story justice.

Since then: The cancer story is over and forgotten for the most part. Lily and Cane are back together though he has work stress, as he isn't around enough for the twins. Michael and Lauren aren't doing much other than supporting others, which is only slightly better than either of them cheating for no good reason.

The biggest thing going on now is the production changes as we all have to wait and see about story. Having real outside filming is nice, though when we have Genoa City winter, it would be weird to see people in a California park. I do wonder if we're going to have more characters leave town and others return or be replaced.

No comments: