Featured Post

CBS Daytme Renewed

The CBS network announced earlier today that everything daytime is coming back for the 2019-2020 season.

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Thoughts about Mad Men


The first part of Mad Men's seventh season premiered this week. Here are my general thoughts about the show, which includes information on the show throughout its run.


  • I love Sally and I wish she had been in the season premiere. As the only major character that actually would be a "baby boomer", it is interesting to see her point of view as a child/teen in the 60s. Her mother Betty wasn't around either.
  • Don Draper is a mess as usual, though he didn't have an experience with the mile high club during this week's episode. Neve Campbell though is definitely Don's type so it was amazing to see that he didn't have sex with her character. 
  • Peggy is screwed and not in a good way. She tends to get the wrong end of situations, but I continue to wish for her success. 
  • Ted running away from his feelings for Peggy by going to LA didn't fix his life. Yes he's still married, but he doesn't seem happy. 
  • Not sure what I think about the Roger story, as he is still drifting. Perhaps losing every women he was involved with due to his inability to keep himself zippered is finally catching up with him.
  • I liked how the sober Freddy was used in the first episode pitching ideas for Don. The whole concept was pretty neat considering Don's drinking is what caused him to botch an account and put him on leave.
  • Joan was finding her power again, and it was with knowledge. I hope she doesn't get smacked down too quickly.
  • Ken was still wearing a patch and looking odd. Will he write any more stories?
  • Megan in Hollywood seems to be happy, but how long will it be until she decides to move on with someone that isn't Don?
  • Pete seems glad to be in California, but with that character I can't see him being happy for long. Why because he's the king of self-sabatoge. 

Those were my quick thoughts on Mad Men. I know this was very stream of consciousness, but I felt the need to do a write-up about the show. Unfortunately only half of the season will air this year, and the remainder of the episodes are planned for 2015. I'm not happy with AMC for doing this, but unfortunately everyone's complaints didn't change the minds of the powers that be.

No comments: