Featured Post

CBS Daytme Renewed

The CBS network announced earlier today that everything daytime is coming back for the 2019-2020 season.

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

B&B: Hope's Choice

Hope Logan (Kim Matula) is torn between two brothers Wyatt (Darin Brooks) and Liam (Scott Clifton) on  "The Bold and Beautiful". The ingenue isn't sure who she wants, so the triangle has flared up yet again.

Hope's pregnancy scare is what caused her to decide to date half-brothers at the same time. Liam gave her the option of dating her again, as he couldn't live without her. She told her current boyfriend Wyatt that if he wanted to continue to see her, he would have to accept that she was also seeing his brother Liam. Hope would be abstaining from any activity that could also potentially get her pregnant as the last thing she wanted was for the choice to be stickier based on a baby.

I'm not sure what I think of this twist yet as the story is so new. Yes, it means that Hope is indecisive, but I'd rather have this scenario than a pregnancy. The only part of a pregnancy plot for Hope I'd have enjoyed right now is seeing Aly and others freak out as the Hope for the Future fashion line imploded due to Hope getting pregnant prior to marriage.

Disclaimer: I wasn't a Hope and Wyatt fan, so this doesn't upset me on that level. If Wyatt and Liam weren't blood-related I wouldn't have a problem with the three characters deciding to all be involved in a romantic relationship. (That being said, I don't think that B&B is ready for that kind of storytelling anytime soon due to how long it took for them to have any gay or lesbian characters in their plot for more than a drive-by visit.) I just want Hope to eventually choose and whichever guy is not picked to move on, I don't want an "Oliver" situation, where the "loser" ends up disappearing from canvas with little or no story.

No comments: