Featured Post

CBS Daytme Renewed

The CBS network announced earlier today that everything daytime is coming back for the 2019-2020 season.

Friday, April 18, 2014

Days: What I Miss & What I Wish April 2014

I've decided to start a new kind of post about different soap operas. This installment is what I miss and wish I could see on "Days of Our Lives".

What I miss:

Strong intelligent male characters that aren't grey that are driving story. I'm frustrated how the men in Salem seem to lack in brain power. Daniel is being duped and drugged, Brady choses to use drugs so he isn't in control, Rafe is being lied to by Jordan though it may be nothing, and Eric was abused after being drugged.

What I wish:

Really, it would be nice to see a smart, sexy male in Salem that had morals.

What I miss:

Characters that are over 25 and under 45 who aren't the "bad guys", grandparents or step-grandparents, have an adult child, have a sibling who is a parent to an adult, obsessed with kids, or dating someone who is much older.

What I wish:

Nick falls into this category, but he's crazy so he doesn't count. Jordan and newbie Ben are the right age, but we barely know either of them. Rafe isn't a step-grandparent anymore, thankfully. I just would love it if Days would do a young people story that made sense and wasn't high school. While I enjoy Will and Sonny, there is no way that Days will ever cast 3 more gay characters for them to interact with, so they'll stay in a bubble so to speak.

What I miss:

Couples that matter and would have laughter and tears

What I wish:

That something would capture my imagination, not feel rushed or stereotypical. I feel like the stories are very basic, and predictable. Not even the gay couple can avoid a baby plot, seriously.

What I miss:

Rooting for the good guys, instead of the bad guys.

What I wish:

Is it normal that I like when Ann tortures people at the hospital? I don't think so. What about when Ciara does something awful or manipulates Sami, I cheer. I'd love it for someone good to win and for me to be happy about it.

What I miss:

Characters from different socio-economic backgrounds

What I wish:

That it wouldn't seem normal for everyone to go to the Dimera or Kiriakis mansion for an event. Seldom does anyone seem phased, so it feels like everyone is currently rich, has been rich or been married to someone with wealth.

Hopefully I've came up with some ideas of where Days could be improved for me. Perhaps some of these have already been addressed, but they just haven't appeared on air.

No comments: