Featured Post

CBS Daytme Renewed

The CBS network announced earlier today that everything daytime is coming back for the 2019-2020 season.

Friday, February 28, 2014

A bit about Dallas TNT

On Monday, Dallas on TNT aired its third season opener. Below are some of my thoughts on the show. (Don't say I didn't warn you.)

I realized today that outside of the classic characters who were adults during the original series, my favorite character is John Ross played by Josh Henderson. What caused me to have this thought was my results on a quiz on Buddytv.com I took yesterday as supposedly I'm most like John Ross. Of course, that is kind of daft though I tend to like characters of that ilk. In the classic series, my favorite was JR, so this shouldn't be that big of a surprise.

Which 'Dallas' Character Are You?

More on Dallas.Created by BuddyTV

Part of why I like John Ross though isn't even listed in the quiz. I like him because he can't keep it in his pants. Of course, he uses sex for control and power, and not just because he likes it. When the show began he was involved with Elena (Jordana Brewster), who still loved his cousin Christopher (Jesse Metcalfe). That relationship imploded, but John Ross wasn't true to her as he also banged Veronica (Leonor Varela) during season one. John Ross had legitimate feelings for Elena, but moved on as she didn't give him a choice. He then started seeing Christopher's former wife Pamela Rebecca (Julie Gonzalo), whom he quickly wed. Now he's sleeping with both Pamela Rebecca and Emma (Emma Bell), his uncle Bobby's stepdaughter doesn't exactly make him virtuous. The fact that they are all living at Southfork makes it scandalous and very entertaining. (Like with daytime soaps, I hope they lay off the pregnancy angle especially after the heartache Pamela felt after miscarrying her twins at the end of season two.) 

Hopefully John Ross continues to screw his way through Dallas, though I'd prefer if he didn't engage in   it with his Aunt Ann (Brenda Strong). Then again John Ross would be far from the first man on a soap to do so.

No comments: