Featured Post

CBS Daytme Renewed

The CBS network announced earlier today that everything daytime is coming back for the 2019-2020 season.

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

GH: Sabrina's Pregnancy


On General Hospital, Sabrina (Teresa Castillo) is pregnant with her former fiance Patrick's (Jason Thompson) baby. Her former boyfriend Carlos (Jeffrey Vincent Parise) stated he was the dad, before she admitted the truth. Here are my thoughts on this story so far.

While I am happy for Teresa Castillo and her husband over the news of their upcoming child, I'm not thrilled over another pregnancy story on GH. Yes, I get that children bring conflict as Patrick reunited with his not-so-dead wife Robin (Kimberly McCullough). Patrick and Sabrina's relationship was nearly derailed for a time due to someone (Britt) lying about her pregnancy, so my initial feeling is "same song, different verse." While I appreciate that Sabrina realizes the similarity of the situation, I wish her real life pregnancy wasn't written into the story.

I absolutely believe that Patrick and Robin should have conflict now that they are back together. They were apart for two years, and she hasn't really dealt with her emotional issues from being held hostage.

Hopefully this material will get better as it goes on, but I feel burned out when it comes to pregnancies on soaps. Perhaps I wouldn't feel this strongly if I wasn't a multi-show viewer, but as time as gone on I've become more frustrated with the amount of pregnancy stories that have been on daytime in the last two to three years.

No comments: