Featured Post

CBS Daytme Renewed

The CBS network announced earlier today that everything daytime is coming back for the 2019-2020 season.

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Books about TV: Soap Puzzle Books


During the holiday season, I see many sites list potential presents. There is one item in my personal collection, that I wanted to mention.

Kappa and earlier Allied Publishing Group did special word search books that were licensed by TVGuide. What is cool about these books is that there are soap opera themed puzzles. While I couldn't find them easily online, I have picked them up at dollar stores and closeout merchants. There are puzzles with themes such as "As the World Turns" and "Ryan's Hope". The late MacDonald Carey from "Days of Our Lives" also has his very own search. The TVGuide crossword books occasionally have a soap opera clue, but typically don't have special soap only puzzles.

If you are a soap opera fan and are looking for a stocking stuffer with a soapy theme, these may be a good match. Typically I was spending under $2 per book, which is a great price for a product for any television fan.

No comments: