Featured Post

CBS Daytme Renewed

The CBS network announced earlier today that everything daytime is coming back for the 2019-2020 season.

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

B&B: Rick and Caroline Wed

This week on "The Bold and the Beautiful" Rick (Jacob Young) and Caroline (Linsey Godfrey) wed. The ceremony was held in the Forrester living room after the Thanksgiving meal. Below are my thoughts on this development.

I was actually pretty surprised at how quickly Rick and Caroline got married. Usually engagements on soaps tend to be a lot longer, or something comes between the couple. While Rick's family was in attendance, only Caroline's Uncle Bill (Don Diamont) and cousins Wyatt and Liam appeared as Caroline's moms weren't in LA.

The wedding was sweet though and Carter (Lawrence St. Victor) officiated at the ceremony. He has become the goto guy for these events, even though he is not with a church and takes care of civil ceremonies. I did like how Caroline spoke about herself with awareness, which for a long time she did not have.

What I am wondering once I saw this event, was what does it mean for Rick and Caroline? Will they have a story, they have everything they want. She is successful designing clothing at Forrester, while he is the president of the company. Even Rick's former girlfriend Maya is supporting the couple, and Rick and Bill even were getting along. It was just strange seeing everyone be happy and agreeing with each other. Rick truly shouldn't like Bill due to what he put his mother Brooke and Aunt Katie through along with what he did to his sister Hope, but I digress.

I just want a story, and a story I hope to see. Of course, that opinion will change if B&B went the route of having Caroline get cancer like her Aunt Caroline who died many years ago. I really don't want B&B to go that way as Linsey is a cancer survivor herself, and I don't think I'd be able to sit through her acting that sort of plot as it would be so close to home.

No comments: