Featured Post

CBS Daytme Renewed

The CBS network announced earlier today that everything daytime is coming back for the 2019-2020 season.

Friday, April 13, 2018

GH: Six Random Thoughts for April 2018

Below are six thoughts I'm having about "General Hospital" these days. This is through the episode that aired on April 13, 2018.

  1. The 55th Anniversary episode which aired on March 30, 2018 made me wistful and not livid, which is a good thing. That said having it air on a holy day for some (as both Passover began that night, and Good Friday), made it something that people probably didn't see. The clips were decent, as they had Luke's for a night, and the majority of the cast weren't new. Most of the characters were on the show prior to the 21st century.
  2. Max Gail is doing a good job as Mike, and since I tend to be bad with recasts, and didn't grow up on "Barney Miller" reruns, I didn't have a built-in love. (Usually the best way for me to accept a recast.) That said I could care less about a random field in Croton, Westchester County, New York.
  3. I liked Maxie and Michael together at the birthing class. Those two would be preferable to Maxie with Peter/Heinrich or him with Nelle, as Francesca is so new, and it remains to be seen if the character's role will grow.
  4. Sam choosing herself instead of Jason or Drew, as she feels love for both. Someone has been watching Beverly Hills 90210 reruns, and I'm glad for it. That's what I wanted most for Sam, though I doubt it will last as long as I want it to.
  5. Franco being a victim of child molestation doesn't excuse him from any of his past bad behavior. While people could and should give him sympathy as a survivor who blocked out his abuse until now, this shouldn't fix everyone's thoughts about him.
  6. Anna making believe she was a hooker, getting pregnant, and then having Faison's baby. That is completely shocking in a bad way. Seriously, it doesn't make sense, and is the one plot in recent years that nearly no one likes. If they wanted the viewers to agree on something they succeeded otherwise, epic fail. I feel sorry for the people acting in the plot.
So those are six things I'm thinking about GH these days.

No comments: