Featured Post

CBS Daytme Renewed

The CBS network announced earlier today that everything daytime is coming back for the 2019-2020 season.

Friday, April 27, 2018

Y&R: Goodbye Reed

This week marked the departure of Reed (Tristan Lake Leabu) on "The Young and the Restless". Below are my thoughts on this development.

Having Reed leave for boarding school at the end of April, was a bit strange. I mean yes probably it was due to a contract cycle, but in North America most schools are ending at this time of year, not beginning. (Now if this was another country, perhaps would not be as noticeable.) I'd have rather him go spend some time off screen with his half-siblings, before starting a summer program.

It was kind of sad that they killed  JT (Thad Luckinbill) and didn't have this be part of Reed's write off. Though a part of me is glad that Reed didn't commit patricide. They did a quick goodbye with Reed and Mattie, who were a couple for about two months until that was dropped. I guess the rivalry between the Ashbys and Billy and Victoria was not enough story.

I feel Reed as a character was a missed opportunity, I can't recall the last successful male character from a core family on Y&R. It has been such a long time, and I hope one day they can rectify that. We'll see what happens in the future with the character, and what occurs in Tristan Lake Leabu's career.

No comments: