Featured Post

CBS Daytme Renewed

The CBS network announced earlier today that everything daytime is coming back for the 2019-2020 season.

Sunday, April 21, 2013

AMC, GH & OLTL: Prospect Park Lawsuit


On Thursday, April 18, 2013, the Hollywood Reporter shared information on the lawsuit that Prospect Park has filed against ABC. While I'm not in the legal profession, I do have an opinion on the situation. To read the actual PDF of the complaint click here.

As someone who supports soap operas, I am not on team Prospect Park or team General Hospital as I don't want All My Children, One Life to Live or General Hospital to suffer long term ramifications due to this lawsuit. Some may argue that GH was already fiddled with now that Michael Easton, Kristen Alderson and Roger Howarth are going to play other characters, but I'm trying my best not to get angry over that situation. I'm not sure what I think about the 25 million dollar amount, but we shall see.

When it comes to the lawsuit itself, I'm glad that finally the AMC and OLTL urls are directing to their new owner. I also hope that ABC will air the AMC and OLTL ads during GH as it was alleged in the lawsuit that there was an issue. If they don't mention GH by name during the ad and show Roger Howarth on OLTL they should have to show it. More than once I've seen ads for competing programs on different networks, so I don't get what the problem is. For the other breach situations, if GH wasn't supposed to mention a character from OLTL and they did, it is up to the judge to decide.

To reiterate, I just want the best soap operas possible. I don't want this to put a damper on the premieres of All My Children and One Life to Live. Thankfully the 50th anniversary of General Hospital events have concluded so this didn't tinge their celebration. I've watched all three of these shows and don't want any of them to suffer in the process though I fear that this will cause even more arguing among the various factions of viewers.

No comments: