Featured Post

CBS Daytme Renewed

The CBS network announced earlier today that everything daytime is coming back for the 2019-2020 season.

Saturday, September 22, 2012

ATWT, GL, AMC: 17, 18, 23

17, 18, 23

These numbers may not mean anything to a lot of people, but in conjunction with the month of September they denote something to me as a soap viewer, three lost soap operas in three consecutive years. 

September 23, 2011 was the last air date of All My Children. As The World Turns took its final spin on September 17, 2010. Guiding Light was snuffed on September 18, 2009. I apologize for the puny puns, but as one can tell this isn't exactly the easiest subject to write about for me.

When thinking about this situation, I try to recall the best of it not the worst. I take with my my memories. How these shows influenced the way I think and how I react is another takeaway. Last year with AMC wrapping up, I was coping best I could, but I think finally the impact of all three being gone is starting to hit me emotionally.

The amount of hours that it took to create the episodes of these shows, the amount of hours we watched any or all of them boggles my mind. If you can take a moment to remember your favorite stories, episodes, characters and actors. Watch old episodes if you want, seek out over viewers and just recall what has been. Even though we may not see them regularly anymore their impact cannot be forgotten.

No comments: