Featured Post

CBS Daytme Renewed

The CBS network announced earlier today that everything daytime is coming back for the 2019-2020 season.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

GH: New Head Writer

General Hospital viewers got a shock today with the news that Bob Guza is out of the job as head writer. Garin Wolf, who went fi-core during the writers’ strike, is the new guy in the top writing job.

This news is everywhere from Entertainment Weekly, Soaps in Depth and it was even trending on twitter. It looks like people are really happy, or perhaps relieved.

My feelings on this are mixed I don’t know if this changes anything as I don’t know who is dictating story. The show may get better, but it may get worse. If this helps morale for some of the actors, I guess I would see it as a good thing. If it helps other viewers enjoy GH more or allows them to come back, then that’s even better.

Hopefully the stories running now aren’t tossed away without any explanation. I don’t want things like Jake being run over by Luke to be a distant memory. I want Lucky to find out about Aiden being his child. I want a decent resolution to Carly and Jax’s fight over the custody of Josslyn. Basically, I don’t want quick major changes that scrap the plots I am interested in at the present time.

I wish Mr. Wolf luck. Hopefully I’ll enjoy his writing and whoever ends up being focused when it comes to story. If I’m happy, I’ll write about it. If I’m not, well I may be writing less about GH, as I’ll be spending more time using the fast forward button.

No comments: