Featured Post

CBS Daytme Renewed

The CBS network announced earlier today that everything daytime is coming back for the 2019-2020 season.

Friday, May 31, 2019

Primetime TV Update: May 2019

Below is my list of what I finished in May 2019.

This month was a mixture of reality and scripted programming.

In reality programming,  I viewed "American Idol" though not all episodes, "World of Dance", "The Voice" and "Survivor". I think the shows had decent seasons, but wonder what is next.

I caught up and finished three series; "The Umbrella Academy" from Netflix, season two of Freeform's "The Bold Type", "A Discovery of Witches" on BBCAmerica/AMC, and Roswell New Mexico on The CW, which is a re-imagining of an earlier series I loved so much that I bought on DVD. the Umbrella Academy was good, sort of like if the Kingsman movies were mashed with the X-Men. The Bold Type was good enough to continue through to season three, which is ending in June. I read the book "A Discovery of Witches" years ago (around the time it was available in paperback), so I can't compare it to my memories, so I can't say the casting was "right or wrong", though I was entertained though it started a bit slowly. Roswell NM was better than I thought it would be, I think some of the changes were good, others not as much. (Having the main characters be 10 years out of high school instead of teenage students changed the feel of the program a bit, and having Maria and Liz not being the same age was strange.) Also compared to the original show, this had more diversity.

Happy viewing!

No comments: