According to this twitter conversation, the show will start with episodes from 1967.
— Retro TV (@watchretrotv) July 17, 2014
Incidentally, that is when the show started in color, so probably they will begin with those 30 minute episodes. What is interesting about "The Doctors" is it began on the same day as "General Hospital", though "The Doctors" began as an anthology about doctors. During its second year it became a true serial, and continued that way until its last airing on December 31, 1982.
Below is a list of characters that were a part of "The Doctors" in 1967 from "The Soap Opera Encyclopedia" by Christopher Schemering revised edition January 1988. (Pages 78-83).
Characters that were part of the cast that began prior to 1967
- Dr. Matt Powers (James Pritchett)
- Dr. Maggie Powers (Bethel Leslie)
- Dr. Mike Powers (Robert LaTourneaux others before and after)
- Dr Nick Bellini (Gerald Gordon)
- Dr. Althea Davis (Elizabeth Hubbard best known as Lucinda on As the World Turns)
- Liz Wilson (Pam Toll)
- Dr. Steve Aldrich (David O'Brien, who was with the program until the end)
- Carolee Aldrich (Carolee Campbell)
- Dr. Karen Werner (Laryssa Lauret)
- Penny Davis (Christopher Norris)
Cast information from "The Encyclopedia of Daytime Television" by Wesley Hyatt 1997
- Keith Wilson (Morgan Sterne 1966-1967)
- Harriet Wilson (Meg Myles 1966-1967)
- Dr. John Rice (Terry Kiser 1967-1969)
It will be interesting to see when Retro TV plans to show the program. I wonder if they will air it opposite contemporary soaps or if they will find a slot earlier or later in the day.