Featured Post

CBS Daytme Renewed

The CBS network announced earlier today that everything daytime is coming back for the 2019-2020 season.

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Y&R: What I Miss & What I Wish May 2014

This installment of what I miss and what I wish is for "The Young and the Restless".

What I miss:

New couples that are compelling because they aren't rushed

What I wish:

Y&R has rushed through the beginnings of some of their couples. While I understand why they had Leslie and Barton (who we haven't met yet) have a quickie wedding off camera, the rest of the new couples also aren't slow burn. Most of Dylan and Avery's relationship happened in the past, so when they reunited it meant less because we didn't see them fall in love the first time or realize they were in love again. Abby and Tyler have been together less than a year and they are already engaged. Noah even asked Courtney to move in with him already.

What I miss:

Victor paying for his mistakes

What I wish:

Obviously, Victor paying for a mistake for more than a few weeks. It looks like Nikki may stay away for a time, which is good. Though considering their relationship, I have no interest in seeing someone come between them and get dumped when everyone in Genoa City should know better.

What I miss:

Humorous situations that arise with characters just interacting

What I wish:

That we'd see more humor that was "normal". I don't think seeing Jill kidnapping Collin as hilarious. I enjoy Jess Walton and Tristan Rogers, but their story confuses me. If they are supposed to be an play on that old movie "War of the Roses" show me. Avery's stage fright during a cooking show, seriously. Maybe I'd get that story more if they did a real online cooking show as a cross promotion for Y&R. That would actually be logical.

What I miss:

Scandalous relationships

What I wish:

That they handled the Neil and Hillary situation with more care. Neil's family can justifiably hate Hillary, but the story just isn't working as Devon's crush was also undeveloped. I love this kind of plot: triangle, family hate and an age difference between the love interests. Instead I'm non-plussed and want Devon away from that mess. Actually I just want Devon to get a story, but something that isn't rushed.

These are just some things that would make Y&R more interesting to me.

No comments: