Featured Post

CBS Daytme Renewed

The CBS network announced earlier today that everything daytime is coming back for the 2019-2020 season.

Monday, March 31, 2014

GH: AJ is Dead


If you haven't watched the March 31, 2014 episode of General Hospital, I apologize for the spoiler. On today's episode AJ (Sean Kanan) died again.

The character who returned from the dead bit the dust again. Like the first time, it happened at the hospital, but this time it looks to be official just like before, so really who knows. While I knew that Sean Kanan was leaving GH to go back to "The Bold and the Beautiful", I was hoping that AJ would just leave town unable to communicate, but alive. (Usually characters only die once, but soaps unlike other genres have this happen on occasion.)

I'm really not overjoyed over AJ being dead again. Perhaps it is because I'm tired of seeing members of that family mourn. In the last two years, both Jason and Edward passed away. Recently Jason was revealed to be alive, but unless there is a recast the character isn't coming back anytime soon. Edward's death was understandable due to John Ingle's passing, so I have no complaints over that situation.

While I'm not happy with the turn of events, I understand why it was set up that Sonny (Maurice Bernard) was his shooter. Sonny promised Michael (Chad Duell) that he wouldn't injure AJ. He didn't keep to his word due to Ava's (Maura West) lies. I see Ava as responsible for the deaths of both AJ and Connie as Sonny would have never gone after AJ if he wasn't remembering Connie's death. Of course, no one realizing that AJ could also mean Ava Jerome was rather ludicrous, but I digress. Hopefully the story we get is worth it, but if this doesn't impact Michael for the next long while, I'll be shaking my head in frustration.

No comments: