Featured Post

CBS Daytme Renewed

The CBS network announced earlier today that everything daytime is coming back for the 2019-2020 season.

Friday, March 7, 2014

What I'm Watching in Primetime

Just wanted to do a quick post to record what I'm watching these days on prime time television. Some of the shows I've watched within the last year on demand.

The only network drama series that I am up to date with is "Nashville". Everything else I am behind with, (like Scandal) though with Twitter, it isn't as if I'm not spoiled. I gave up on "Glee" and "Betrayal" was quickly cancelled. On the CW, once Nikita ended, I've sampled shows, and while I like "Arrow" and "The Tomorrow People", I've missed some episodes. Thinking about this, I realized just about everything I watch is on cable. Here is a list from memory.
  • ABC Family: The Fosters & Switched at Birth
  • BBC America: Luther (finished the entire series), Doctor Who (21st century), Broadchurch, Fleming, Orphan Black & Torchwood (only series 1 & 2)
  • History: The Vikings
  • Sundance: The Red Road & Top of the Lake
  • Cinemax: Banshee (season one only on a free preview weekend)
  • HBO: The Newsroom (season one and season two except last episode free preview weekend)
  • Hallmark: When Calls the Heart
  • FX: The Americans
  • TNT: Dallas
  • MTV: Awkward 
  • IFC: Spoils of Babylon
  • Netflix: House of Cards (season one only)
  • Encore/Starz: I'm in the middle of Dancing on the Edge, Archangel, The Pillars of the Earth)
The only shows out of this list that I watch live are "The Fosters", "Switched at Birth", "The Americans" and "Dallas" everything else I have watched primarily on demand or rebroadcasts. We'll see how this list continues to grow and change in the coming months. If and when I do individual entries on specific shows, I'll explain how I came to watch them.

No comments: