Featured Post

CBS Daytme Renewed

The CBS network announced earlier today that everything daytime is coming back for the 2019-2020 season.

Sunday, September 29, 2019

Primetime TV Update: September 2019

Below is my list of what I finished in September 2019.

This month I finished some reality shows and some scripted shows.  There are spoilers about the scripted shows.

Reality Shows:

I finished the latest seasons of "Big Brother" on CBS, and "So You Think You Can Dance" on Fox. With Big Brother, once we knew the showmance would win, the interest in the show was lost. Too bad, at least certain people got called out on their behavior, which was inappropriate. Having SYTYCD as an hour-long show until it went to the live episodes, hurts interest and is it harder to get invested. That said I did enjoy the season in general. 

Scripted Shows:

On HBO, I finished "Years and Years", which was a co-production with the BBC. It was a Russell T. Davies written program, and I've found people either love his stuff or not. This story was about the near future and further on with elements of today heightened when it came to technology and potential global crises. Like if the banks failed without a bailout, the polar icecaps were gone, and the EU was destroyed.

On Lifetime, I watched "American Princess", which was cancelled after one season. The American princess was Amanda, who left her finance who was having sex with a ren fair performer. Amanda ended up joining the faire, and grew to love it. Since Amanda is Jewish, well it makes the title offensive. Though I wonder how many people watching this would see it that way. I like to think this show takes place in the alternate universe of "You" as there was a subplot with a fair of this type on that program.

On PBS,  I watched Mrs. Wilson, which aired last year as a miniseries, but missed it the first time around. I found it a bit confusing, but due to its spy/con artist subject it may be why.

On Pop, I watched "Flack", a short series, which was renewed for a second starring Anna Pacquin, as a PR professional, and her life in that role. I was surprised by the language, and the drug use for what traditionally was a basic cable station, though it was a UK co-production.

In streaming, I caught up with the first two seasons of "Leverage" which aired on TNT originally starting about 10 years ago. I never saw that show, but saw gifs. It is about a group of characters who team up to pull cons on the bad guys by doing illegal things to succeed. 

Happy viewing!

No comments: