Featured Post

CBS Daytme Renewed

The CBS network announced earlier today that everything daytime is coming back for the 2019-2020 season.

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

What this blog is about...

This blog is about soaps, other serialized programs and various things that strike my fancy, which may or may not be about these kinds of programs. There will be summaries, commentaries, and strolls down memory lane. Currently I record AMC, Days, GH, GL and OLTL, so the majority of the entries will be about those programs. In another entry or more, I'll blog a bit about my soap viewing history.

The title of the blog is a play on the term "it's only a soap" that at times is used in a derisive manner, since soaps can be seen by some as just "mindless" entertainment. No television isn't typically as serious as brain surgery, war, famine, but just like the real world things can change with little or no warning.

Watching soaps in some ways is like being a sports fan, our favorite actors and characters are like the players, the producers, writers, and network and/or production company are like the coaches, managers, and ownership. Just like in sports, the people in the office sometimes make the wrong decisions and we the viewers in the process get hurt.

So that's what It's Only the Soaps is about. If you agree with my thoughts, musings, ponderings, rants or raves, that's cool, but I really don't expect that to happen all the time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So will you allow those of us who are "virtually" soap free to hang around as well? :)

Hello, my name is LC and I used to be a soap addict. (If we were in AA, you'd repeat after me) I've recorded AMC, Days, GH, GL, OLTL, Passions and AW at one time or another.

The thing that drives me crazy about anti-soap people is they have their own "soaps" --my father watched LA Law (which was summarized in SOD once upon a time) and yet got on my mom for her Days viewing. His soap of choice today is Friday Night Lights. :D

I'll try to agree with you occasionally...but no promises.