Featured Post

CBS Daytme Renewed

The CBS network announced earlier today that everything daytime is coming back for the 2019-2020 season.

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Why I do lists of 6?

I was thinking about why I do lists of six most of the time instead of lists of five or ten. Below I explain my reasons.

  1. Usually when I create lists, I don't have enough items for 10, but usually have more than 5. That way I pick the "best" of what I come up with and post those.  
  2. Since I also watch Hollyoaks and Neighbours on-line, I keep up with six soaps that are running new episodes.
  3. Typically I give myself six months to decide whether or not I really like a performer or character. I don't know where that "rule" comes from, but I like to see whether or not a person has settled in their role. If after six months, I still don't like the person I know it is something about them, and not that I didn't give them a chance to impress.
  4. Other than GH, it feels like the other shows have about 2-3 stories going on at once. By doing six comments, I'm able to highlight at least two things in each major plot. (Of course with B&B, I have the opposite problem with less stories.)
  5. When it comes to performers, I try to learn 5 things about them (not including their character name). So mentally I've always delineated soap performers in this manner. (Once I should write about that specific hang up, but I digress.)
  6. My lists tend to be a combination of my favorite things, my least favorite things and those that are most memorable. Sometimes the material that I favor I know tend to be extremely minor, so I want them to be a snapshot of the time they are written. So if I list my personal "gold, silver and bronze", I also want to also not forget things that others may remember.
So that's my rationale, for why I do lists of six. I'm not really sure if it is a great rationale, or even rational, but hey it's my blog and I can create lists how I prefer them.

No comments: