Featured Post

CBS Daytme Renewed

The CBS network announced earlier today that everything daytime is coming back for the 2019-2020 season.

Thursday, September 18, 2014

September the best & worst month of the TV Season

Is it just me or is September, both the best and the worst month of the television season?

The Best: Many new prime time programs start in September. Of course, some of these new shows may be awesome, and others awful. Part of the fun is discovering something to enjoy unless it goes off the air due to low ratings. Also I get to indulge in my yearly tradition of the TVGuide fall preview issue. If someone is an NFL fan, regular season starts too. The pennant races in baseball truly begin as teams clinch their way into the October playoffs.

The Worst: For a lot of us September is a month of remembrance of soap operas past. All My Children (2011), As the World Turns (2010), and Guiding Light (2009) all aired their last episodes in September. So it isn't exactly a happy month for that reason. Since we actually get new programs in the Summer, I would be remiss if I didn't mention when these shows end for the year. Sometimes Summer shows don't get renewed right away, so we have no idea if they are coming back, like Dallas on TNT.

I know there are more bests and worsts, but those are my highlights of September.

No comments: