Featured Post

CBS Daytme Renewed

The CBS network announced earlier today that everything daytime is coming back for the 2019-2020 season.

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Primetime TV Binge Update - September 2014

Here's another post listing shows I've caught or caught up with recently in binge format. I'm seasons behind on some shows, but hope to rectify it when possible. This includes show spoilers for some series, but since I'm years behind it shouldn't matter.

Arrow - I bought season one of the show and viewed it on DVD. (I've been watching season two on demand, though am not through all the episodes yet.) I prefer the present day scenes to the ones on the island. It also is fun due to the "shipping possibilities."

Breaking Bad - I've been watching the "Breaking Bad Binge" episodes on AMC. Since my last update I've seen seasons two and three. (They show seven episodes each Sunday night, so I should be through every episode this fall.) I find it cool that other than Bryan Cranston, who used to be in soaps decades ago Chrisopher Cousins, aka Cain Rogan from One Life to Live also appears.

Breathless - This aired as three episode on PBS as part of Masterpiece Mystery though it originally was aired on ITV in the UK in five installments. The show only lasted the one series, and is primarily about a group of people who are involved in the comings and goings at New London Hospital. Since I watched Smash, it was fun to see Jack Davenport in another part.

Everwood - This program ran for four seasons on the WB as it was cancelled due to the merger with UPN to create the CW. I binged all the episodes on DVD. It was fun seeing actors I didn't recall were on the show, and watch the later seasons I missed. The family drama about a Colorado mountain town could be intense and depressing, though its conclusion was hopeful for many of the characters.

Game of Thrones - I did a weekend marathon of the fourth season as I had free HBO again. I'm all caught up now with the program. I do agree that the scene between Jamie and Cersei came off as a rape even if that was not what was in the book. As usual there were some more deaths, but at least one character left without being killed. And to finish up my quick write up, poor dragons.

Hunted - This Cinemax show I viewed when I had a free weekend of Cinemax due to the premiere of the new show "The Knick". It was a coproduction with the BBC and only lasted one series. The show starred Melissa George aka the chick who married Vaughn on Alias when Sydney was missing, so most of the audience hated her guts. It was nice to see her in a role where I didn't want to throttle her.

The Leftovers - Since I had free HBO, I figured I should watch its ten episode first season. I enjoyed it and will watch the second season when it is available. Unlike most shows, it was taped on location in New York State, though in the lower Hudson Valley (where I grew up) instead of upstate. This added to my entertainment, though I must admit due to the dark content it isn't for everyone.

So that's my list of recently watched shows. I have a few shows that I am nearly done with that I've been watching week to week in reruns, and some summer programs are still airing. Before the fall season begins in full, I hope to get a write up done about the rest of my list.

No comments: