Featured Post

CBS Daytme Renewed

The CBS network announced earlier today that everything daytime is coming back for the 2019-2020 season.

Saturday, March 29, 2014

Y&R: 6 Random Thoughts


Here are six of my random thoughts about "The Young & the Restless". These comments are through the episode that aired on Friday, March 28, 2014.


  1. Y&R is in the middle of a CBS synergy story with Y&R's Jabot and Fenmores, doing a deal with the Forester's of B&B. I like the idea, and hope it is better than the TPIR crossover. I also hope that Lauren's past in LA gets more of a mention. Y&R also has been commenting on the NCAA tournament, which takes me out of the action. When Neil who plays basketball mentioned it, I was okay, but Kevin?
  2. Victor's cruel comments about Phyllis weren't needed. It is one thing to go after Jack, but another to say negative things that could get back to Summer, whom he considers a granddaughter. 
  3. The romances between the younger characters are very underdeveloped. Why should we care about Noah and Courtney or Abby and Tyler? I wish they would either get more story or end it. Courtney being a narc could provide story, but Noah is just drifting and he's a Newman. Abby and Tyler have the Mariah situation, but it is just going nowhere.
  4. Dylan sending a sex video of him and Avery was ridiculous, though possible due to technology. That's the only story they could come with them since Ian Ward is gone. I hope this is just a distraction to the real plot that should be coming soon.
  5. Chloe and Kevin getting remarried so she isn't institutionalized was just sad. I feel sorry for both characters in this situation as they are headed for a lot of pain.
  6. Victoria's anger about Billy is justified, but considering the affair happened before David Tom came on board to replace Billy Miller, I'm a bit nonplussed about it. I'm not sold on Victoria and Billy due to the actor change, so who knows how I'll feel if they don't stay together.
These are just six thoughts I had about Y&R for the end of March. 


No comments: